I've written about John Carabba before. See John Carabba died Monday July 14, 2009 at the Island Hospital in Anacortes. He was born November 25, 1925. His background was the American story. After
John  carabba.2getting out of the navy at Whidbey Island he moved to Anacortes, my home town. He operated a Chevron service station at 12th and Commercial for many years, but over the time had many other successful business interests. My connection to John was his friendship with my dad and our family. Dad always held John up to me as someone who had great people skills and was a self made success story. John was involved in many community activities. I nominated him for an award he received from the Skagit County Bar Association's Liberty Bell Award honoring those who have served the community. I was local counsel for his son in a personal injury trial that was a record for the length of time it took to complete.
see his obituary:

 Stan bruhnStanley K. Bruhn  died on July 22, 2010 at his home in Mount Vernon. He was born on November 12, 1925. He was my long time law partner along with Bill Bannister and went on to become a superior court judge. He is survived by his wife Marlene and two children. Stan graduated from the University of Washington in 1954. Stan was raised in Lake McMurray, graduated from Sedro Woolley high school and after that he shared office space with attorney Warren Russell until Stan, Bill Bannister & I formed a law firm. Stan had a general practice whose clients included the Port of Skagit County when it was first organized. In 1988 Stan became a superior Court judge and served until 1996. He had many friends and was an  active community contributor. See his obituary 

David weltsDavid Welts was a Mount Vernon attorney who was sworn in with me on the same day in Mount Vernon in 1959. David A. Welts passed away on July 25, 2010, at his home in Mount Vernon. He was born on May 9, 1935, in Seattle, Washington, to R.V. (Robin) Welts and Lucille (Lowman) Welts. He graduated from Mount Vernon High School in 1953, the University of Washington in 1957, and the University of Washington School of Law in 1959. In 1962 he came back to Mount Vernon and joined his dad and uncle in the Welts & Welts law firm. He  was president of the Washington State Bar Association. He also served as Mount Vernon City Attorney. His father, Robin, was the best trial lawyer I've seen my fifty plus years as a trial lawyer and someone whose trials I always attended hoping to learn something from him.  His mother was born into a pioneer family in my home town of Anacortes. See his obituary:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.