Basketball legend, Coach John Wooden has written about the fundamentals of basketball and living a worthwhile life. Here are a few of his suggestions for succeeding which I think are worth considering:
These are Coach Wooden’s suggestions:
- Fear no opponent, but respect every opponent
- Be more interested in character than reputation
- Be quick, but don’t hurry
- Understand that the harder you work, the more luck you will have
- Failing to prepare is preparing to fail
He lists what he calls "life’s puzzlers which include these:
- Why is it so much easier to criticize than to compliment?
- Why does the person with the least to say take the longest to say it?
- Why is it so much easier to allow emotions rather than reason to control our decisions?